Probably the best Pre-Christmas gifts anyone can receive! Twenty-four different beers, one for each day, starting December 1st through Christmas Eve.
KALEA, a German beer exporter, has created these fun beer packages that are sure to leave a lasting impression. I’ve seen them briefly in previous years, and they always sold out before I snagged my treat. This year was different. This year we were ready. By that I mean when we saw these boxes hit the floor we snagged a box – pronto! Good thing too, because when we went back just a couple days later, they were sold out.
While it may already be too late for you to snag your Advent Calendar, you can experience it here with us. As we go through the 24 days of Christmas, I plan to follow the program as directed by KALEA on the box and enjoy a new German beer each day. Yes, this I do for you.
First off, the box contains 24 (twenty-four) 16.9 fluid ounce cans. That’s 405.6 fluid ounces of great German beer! The case weighs in at 30.5 lbs. All the beers are produced following the regulations of the German Purity Law (Reinheitsgebot) dating back to the year 1516.
- DARK BOCK — St. Bonifatius Dark Bock
- DUNKEL — Jubilaumsbier 500 Jahre Dunkel
- DUNKELWEIZEN — Holzknecht Dunkelweizen, Eaglebrau Weizenbier Dunkelweizen
- FESTBIER — Schnaitl Jubilaumssud Festbier, Herrnbrau Tradition Festbier
- HEFEWEIZEN — Schloss Weisse 1516 Hefeweizen
- HOPPED WHEAT ALE — Hohenthanner Blau Weisse Hopped Wheat Ale
- INDIA PALE ALE — Rieder IPA India Pale Ale
- IRISH ALE — Publiner Irish Ale
- MARZEN — Memminger Gold Marzen, Alpenkunig Marzen
- PALE ALE — Perlenzauber Pale Ale, Bergbrau Pale Ale
- PALE BOCK — Kartauser Bock Pale Bock
- PALE LAGER — Erlkonig Hell Pale Lager, Kurpalzbtau Helles Pale Lager, Edel Bayer Urtyp Hell Pale Lager
- PILSNER — Hallertauer Hopfen Cuvée Pilsner, Schlossbrau Pils Rheder Pilsner, Bierkutscher Pils
- SMOKED BEER — Zwonitzer Rauchbier Smoked Beer
- ZWICKEL — Kress Bayrisch Zwickel
Check your local Costco where you may find the Brewer’s 2018 German Beer Advent Calendar priced around $60, which comes out to about only $2.50 per beer — not bad for awesome imports.
Brewer’s Advent Calendar Instructions
KALEA is a German company, specializing in the innovation of gift items in the beverage industry. They introduced the original Advent Calendar with beery goodness in Europe in 2010. Two years later they shipped the first calendars to North-America. With their products, they would like to preserve and promote the traditional art of brewing, the unmistakable brewing culture, and the vast variety of regional beer specialties.The Brewer’s Advent calendar is filled with 24 different german beers from “small” and private breweries. They don’t include beer from big breweries or large compaqnies. This makes the Kalea calendars special and limited, so have fun – and enjoy each beer!— From their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/beeradventcalendar)